Unit Network / Explore / UNIT / Community
The idea is simple: Put your UNIT tokens into the bond staking pool, and you claim back the tokens you staked, along with an additional tokens you are rewarded for “locking up" your UNIT tokens.
- Gradually increases circulating supply of UNIT
- Consistent rewards for early users, helpful to incentivise community growth
- Allows any UNIT Token holder to increase their holdings without buying additional UNIT
- Supports network growth by reducing selling pressure
- There is no cost to bond stake or unstake your UNIT tokens
- There is a 28 day unbonding period where your UNIT will remain locked within the pool. During this time your UNIT will not be earning any rewards. After 28 days the UNIT tokens automatically be returned to your user wallet.
- Each daily bond staking reward must be claimed within 28 days of issue or it will be returned to the bond staking pool.
Bond staking rewards for UNIT will be fixed at 10% APY with a 200m UNIT pool and a 28 day unbonding period. Based on this, the more users that stake the faster the pool will diminish vs. a variable rate schedule which reduces staking rewards based on a higher number of users staking.
- Tokens claimed from bond staking rewards will be immediately sent to a users wallet
- Users are able to unbond any amount of their total tokens staked at any time which will be subject to a 28 day unbonding period
- Users are able to cancel any unbonding requests within the 28 day period, though they will not be awarded any of the potential UNIT that could have been earned during that time
- Users will be able to claim the bond staking rewards daily and re-stake for compounding returns
3. In the Bond Staking Rewards module you can see current pool data and the rewards you can expect to accrue each week. As the rewards are claimable daily you might consider re-staking the newly generated UNIT for compounding rewards.