In the Unit token economy, the Treasury is a transparent, immutable way by which value can be distributed to token holders. Whatever assets are added to the Treasury become the reserve assets of the enterprise and give token holders ownership of those assets equal to their proportion of token holdings.
The value that backs a token through its treasury operates as a kind of reserve asset or “book value” that exists even if the market sours on the speculative value of the token trading on the market. If all else fails, token holders can remove value from the treasury in proportion to their ownership. As a result, it is likely that the speculative value will generally remain at or above the value in the treasury.
Every token created on Unit Network has access to its own treasury.
- Once digital assets are transferred into a tokens' treasury they are only redeemable by the token holders, who can choose to sell their tokens back to the treasury and redeem whatever digital assets have been sent there.
- The Treasury is a mechanism by which any user can establish the floor price of a token and substantiate the tokens value with deflationary digital assets like Bitcoin.
- The Treasury is a transparent, immutable way by which value can be distributed to token holders. Whatever is added to the Treasury become the reserve assets of the enterprise and gives token holders ownership of those assets equal to their proportion of token holdings.
The funds in the treasury are locked and can only be redeemed by token holders. Not even the token creator is able to remove the crypto held unless they send their tokens back to the treasury to redeem their portion on the crypto held there. When redeeming blue chips from the treasury the tokens are 'burned'.
There are two ways that digital assets are sent to a token’s treasury.
- 1.The first is by the token creator, who can transfer funds from the token’s bank or their personal wallet.
- 2.The second is during an exchange with the token’s liquidity pool, which automatically sends a 0.5% exchange fee to the token’s treasury. Once digital assets are transferred into a token's treasury, they are only redeemable by token holders.
- 1.Click on the Wallet page from the sidebar navigation
- 2.Select Transfer
- 3.Click To Treasury on the transfer module
- 4.Choose token and amount to be transferred
- 5.Click Transfer
- 1.Click on Explore page from the sidebar navigation
- 2.Search for the token you wish to redeem from and select it
- 3.Click on the Treasury
- 4.Click Redeem
- 5.Select the token that you wish to redeem and enter the amount
- 6.Click Redeem