Build your borderless economy
Every token created on Unit Network is able to open its own exchange pool to allow buying and selling of any token native to Unit Network. This helps to build an economy around a token by allowing a community to set a market price based on whether they believe a token is overvalued and worth selling, or undervalued and worth buying.
Every token created on Unit Network has its own decentralised Exchange known as DEX. It is up to the creator to decide whether they open their exchange or not which is covered in more detail below. The exchange protocol used is called an AMM (Automated Market Maker) and is akin to project like Uniswap, SushiSwap and PancakeSwap.
Our exchange protocol is called an AMM (Automated Market Maker) and is akin to other decentralised exchanges (DEXs) like Uniswap, Bancor, SushiSwap, PankcakeSwap etc. An important feature of AMM's is that it allows projects / tokens that may initially have low liquidity to set a token price and create a market that facilitates buying and selling, which is a great alternative to centralised order-book exchanges which typically have prohibitively expensive listing fees.
An important feature of DEXs is that it allows projects / tokens with low liquidity to create a market to facilitate buying, selling and staking. This is an elegant and powerful alternative to centralised order-book exchanges like Binance, which are difficult (if not completely out of reach) for small token projects to list on.
- 0.5% to the UNIT Treasury
- 0.5% to the user who invited the exchanger
- 0.5% to the liquidity pool
- 0.5% to the Treasury of the token being exchanged
2. The the first module shows the Buy tab by default. This is where you will be able to Buy, Sell, Stake and Unstake as the buttons suggest. To buy any tokens you will first need USDU, our reserve stable token. More information on how to get USDU can be found here.
3. Enter the amount of USDU you'd like to spend. The conversion from one token to another will be based on the current price of that token which can be seen at the bottom of the Exchange panel (Price: $0.53 per UNIT) and click the Exchange button.
4. An approval screen will pop up for you to either confirm to cancel the exchange. If everything looks correct you can click Confirm
5. A confirmation page showing will show that your exchange was successful
Once a token has been created via the 'Create' tab, only the token creator can chose to open the exchange by navigating to the 'Exchange' tab setting an initial price.
2. Select the Transfer button on the top right of the Bank module and select To User. Complete the data fields as is required. Below, 100,000 MOON (10% of the entire supply) is being transferred to the User wallet of @moon (who is the $MOON token creator) so that is can be used to open the staking pool.
Click User Transfer to complete the transfer of token out of the bank.
3. After the tokens have been transferred to your user wallet you can return the exchange module. As the prompt states you will need to Stake tokens in each pool. The first stake will set the price and open the exchange.
Click on the Stake tab
4. The Stake tab is where you can now make the initial stake and set the price of your token based on the ratio of the token and USDU. For clarity lets look at some examples:
- 10 USDU / 1000 MOON = $0.01 per token
- 10 USDU / 100 MOON = $0.10 per token
- 10 USDU / 10 MOON = $1.00 token
For this example we'll set the initial price at $0.10 by adding 10 USDU and 100 MOON (10 divided by 100 = 0.10)
Choosing the initial Price: You are able to set any price for the token but we'd recommend starting with something realistic based on the value proposition of your token and how much value you have locked into the Treasury. A smart release mechanism can yield much higher perspectives and provide the right incentives to reward token growers.
5. An approval screen will pop up for you to either confirm to cancel the exchange. If everything looks correct you can click Confirm Stake
6. A confirmation page showing will show that your initial stake was successful
7. Navigate back to your token dashboard and select exchange. You will see the exchange is now live with the chart registering price action and pools showing liquidity.