Unit Network DAO
A detailed overview of Unit Network DAO, the work ethos and how it operates, the operational structure, and the Key performance indicator.
All contributors are encouraged to have a proactive and entrepreneurial mindset. As the blockchain industry is fast-paced and we all have to adapt to ever-changing conditions, we want to encourage everyone to take initiative, assume responsibility, pick tasks and collaborate within the network.
As we work remotely and independently towards a common vision it is highly important to act responsibly and interact respectfully with each other. Please help cultivate a proactive work culture and open mindset that aligns with our community etiquette.
- 1.We are not credentialists: Our community is open to all, regardless of degree, CV, or experience. All that is required to be a part of our community is a willingness to learn, collaborate and contribute.
- 2.Self sufficiency and individuality: This is critical. Don’t wait for people to tell you what to do, you should guide yourself on topics/tasks and not wait for someone to guide you. This doesn’t mean you have to be a lone wolf, we’re always here to help.
- 3.Problem solving mentality: Identify changes or problems that need to be solved, document it on discord, share your strategy for improvement, and work with the teams to see how you can implement solutions.
- 4.Connect and collaborate: Connect with your peers to discuss and collaborate on problems. There is strength in the perspective gained from collaboration and teamwork.
- 5.The token economy: By ‘token economy’, we mean a self sustaining and ever growing product / community / team that adds value to the ecosystem and rewards us for that. The token economy is our goal and is the result of the above three tenets.
At the heart of our organisational culture we have developed a system called MOPS which stands for Marketing, Organisation, Product and Sales. It is a powerful new framework for large-scale human coordination which drives Unit Network as well as each of the five growth initiatives.
The MOPS act as autonomous working entities that produce relevant products and services to the Unit Network community.
Each Contributor to Unit Network works on one of the four MOPS operating pillars. Contributors can switch between different MOPS during their tenure if they wish to do so, but at one single point in time each contributor is assigned to only one MOPS.
Each MOPS has their own overarching guiding performance metric to steer their output. In Unit Network, contributors' contribution to overall success metrics are tracked individually and within the MOPS entities.
Contributors to Marketing are responsible for delivering services and products that help with creating brand awareness, brand loyalty and unique selling & market proposition for Unit Network.
- The key success metric for Marketing is the number of sign-ups to Unit Network.
Contributors to Organization are responsible to building a healthy organism in which each contributor can make best use of their skills and catalyse the progress and evolution of Unit Network.
- The key success metric for Organization is the number of hires, and contributor retention.
Contributors to Product are responsible to creating the suite of Unit Network dApps in a way that they are engaging, reliable, and secure.
- The key success metric for Product is enacted Net Promoter Score (virality).
Contributors to Sales are responsible for providing products and services that make it easy for users and token holders to engage in value-adding economic activities.
- The key success metric for Sales is the amount of fees generated by the token sales & exchanges on Unit Network.